[CS-FSLUG] National Safety Council Urges Total Ban on Cell Use While Driving

Legatus lists at runyanrants.net
Wed Jan 21 02:18:58 CST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 19:33, Stephen J. McCracken
<smccracken at hcjb.org.ec> wrote:
>>> Just to make us think:

>>> ...on doing "x" while driving.
>>>
>>> ...on whether I marry someone of the same sex.
>>>
>>> ...on whether a homosexual adopts a child.
>>>
>>> ...on whether a woman has an abortion.

>> YOU ARE TROLLING
>
> Maybe a little bit as I did take what you said to the next logical step,
> but I think much of what we say, we say from the gut without really
> thinking about it and the implications of it.  And we don't always think
> about how our Christianity might influence what we really *should* be
> saying.
>
> If you think about it, the Law of the Old Testament really did get into
> the lives of people restricting what they ought to do at a micromanaging
> level some might say.  How much of that applies to our lives now, could
> be discussed and I meant the above to help us think along those lines.

Absolutely, it did.  I separate being morally correct from what should
be legal under our government, or that our government should even have
an opinion under the law (morally correct or not). There are a lot of
things, I think that our government should not have a say in, but I
will hold my brother in Christ to account for.
--
JD Runyan

Emo Philips  - "I was sleeping the other night, alone, thanks to the
exterminator."