[CS-FSLUG] Qt relicensed as LGPL

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sun Jan 18 14:48:34 CST 2009

> Mean it might be, but lean it's not. Firefox on GNU/Linux is 10 MB.
> Hardly the "browser on a floppy" the Mozilla people wanted.
> Konqueror is
> half the size.

	Hmm... that doesn't really sound all that bad to me in the present
day and age.

>> 	How's it like a cancer?
>
> Because it gobs too many resources (memory and hard disk footprint)
> and
> it's spreading its quirks rather than its standards.

	It usually renders stuff right for me (the same as WebKit). I
actually find more quirks in WebKit, I believe, when I do web
development, even though I use the WebKit driven Safari primarily (on
my computer and phone).

	I wouldn't mind seeing Chrome succeed, though, although I'm not sure
if it is in everyone's best interest to have the browser market
dominated by the same company that dominates the search market.
Mozilla's somewhat of a free agent. I was actually hoping Apple Safari
would spread more, but Apple hasn't figured out how to get Windows
users excited about it yet. If it did, though, that would be good for
WebKit.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in.
Editor, OfB.biz   |  Aim at earth and you get neither."
tbutler at ofb.biz   |                                   -- C.S. Lewis
timothybutler.us  |