[CS-FSLUG] Qt relicensed as LGPL

Eduardo Sánchez lists at sombragris.org
Thu Jan 15 07:45:20 CST 2009

On Wednesday 14 January 2009 20.05.12 Timothy Butler wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2009, at 7:57 AM, Eduardo Sánchez wrote:
>
> 	Now, if only KDE can refine itself a bit, they'll have a winner.
> Technologically, they already do. Licensing, it seems to me, was one
> of the biggest problems.
>
> 	-Tim

KDE is refining itself. KDE 4.1 is already a winner, imho. Problem is
that there are some apps that aren't there already, and they are
showstoppers (KDevelop, Quanta Plus, and K3b).

Right now KDE 4.1 is very fast on my systems, and looks great.

All in all, a very interesting development.

Blessings,

Eduardo

--
Eduardo Sanchez, B. Th.