[CS-FSLUG] When to use Solaris vs. Linux: OS comparison

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Jan 5 21:52:23 CST 2009

I haven't used O.S., so any feedback from anyone who has, is appreciated.

Fred
__________________

When to use Solaris vs. Linux: OS comparison
http://go.techtarget.com/r/5480868/1461419

The merits of Linux vs. Solaris have been debated many times. This
tip is less of a debate; instead, we'll discuss some of the merits of
both Solaris and Linux while touching on recent developments like
OpenSolaris. Back in the day when Solaris cost money and was more
proprietary, there were more heated arguments regarding Linux versus
Solaris. With Sun currently pushing its OpenSolaris (which looks a
lot like the Linux model under the covers), things are really getting
blurry. When should you go with Solaris and when should you go with
Linux? What about OpenSolaris - what is it exactly and where does it
fit into the mix? These are some of the topics we'll discuss here.

--
"Politicians and diapers need to be changed
regularly -- and for the same reason."