[CS-FSLUG] A new distro model for the real-world desktop

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Thu Jan 1 22:27:34 CST 2009

> This much is true. The trick is do find a Linux answer to Mac, not
> some slavish copy. For example, I don't care how trivial it sounds,
> having a mouse clipboard separate from any GUI clipboard is critical
> to how I work. It's a primary reason I reject Mac.

	I think you explained that before, but would you explain again, Ed? I
can't remember what precisely you mean there. Particularly since mouse
and GUI really aren't distinct, typically.

> I realize I can run the X server on Mac and get it to work for X-
> based apps, but that's not Mac, that's a hack, a failure to port
> from X to Cocoa.

	I think that's roughly equivalent to, say, running both Qt and GTK
apps... :-)

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "He that has and a little tiny wit—
Editor, OFB.biz   | With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,—
tbutler at ofb.biz   | Must make content with his fortunes fit,
timothybutler.us  | For the rain it raineth every day."
                                   -- Feste the Fool (Shakespeare)