[CS-FSLUG] Closed circuit TV

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 26 08:36:09 CDT 2009

Ah yes.  I'd forgotton about this "problem".  The camera will be
operating in "monitor" mode; not "record" mode.  What you want is to
have the camera sending a signal through the output wires even though
the "record" button has not been depressed.  Some camera's do not work
well in this mode.  One camera we used would not send a signal through
the output wires unless there was a tape in the camera (even though it
was not used).

It would be wise for you to setup an additional tv (probably in sound
booth) that is fed from same signal that feeds your new location.  This
device does not need sound; but should be monitored to ensure there is
always a video signal.