[CS-FSLUG] Followup: Console Mail Multiple Accounts

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Fri Apr 10 16:46:05 CDT 2009

I had first asked if there was a way to make a Linux mail server act more
like a client so I could use all my various accounts from the console.

This was a lot easier than I realized. It didn't require any particular
server settings or server use at all. I had not realize Alpine had changed
so much. The secret was setting up roles with the use of Drop Folders, and
linking them to roles for the SMTP servers. Apline connects directly to
each one with the proper SSL negotiation and everthing.

http://www.mediusrete.org/progs/calpine.html

All I have to remember is hitting the '#' key to select a role for
composing a message. I've always preferred Pine in the past, but Alpine's
new featurs make it even better.

Thanks to all who tried to help me with this.

--
Ed Hurst