[CS-FSLUG] Fire storms

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Fri Apr 10 06:43:34 CDT 2009

Last night, along with other locations in a couple of states, the OKC
Metro (where I live) was hit with a couple of fire storms. Perfect
conditions -- long dry winter, tons of deadfall limbs and foliage from
the ice storm two years ago, and very high winds.

We were blessed to live two miles south of the primary belt of
destruction, and the wind shift came after the emergency services had
finally gotten in a position to at least prepare a stop line.

On the other hand, at least 150 homes were destroyed, along with vast
tracts of agricultural property. We had hundreds of horses, over a
thousand head of cattle, and God only knows what other domesticated and
wild creatures. While the trailer park here has independent water
supplies, the city of Choctaw lost two major sources, and the one left
is not enough.

Gonna be a rough time here for awhile.

--
Ed Hurst