[CS-FSLUG] Server masquerading as client

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Wed Apr 8 07:38:29 CDT 2009

Pardon my ignorance.

Is there a means by which an internal mail server on a Linux box can
masquerade itself as a mail client? Most mail service will bounce a
relay, but will cooperate all day long with standard mail clients.

I realize this might open a Pandora's box of evil, but I'm not
interested in dirty work. I have several accounts on several different
services, and there seems no way to run them all from a single console
client. I understand there are ways to setup, say Postfix, with multiple
relay hosts, but most of my services block relays from a private
machine. Of course, we all know that's a spam reduction measure, and I
fully accept that. Is there a mail server I can run which will talk to
the distant mail host in such a way as to prevent looking like a mail
server, and appear as a client?

--
Ed Hurst