[CS-FSLUG] mini-ITX boot problem-solved!

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Mon Apr 6 01:23:13 CDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 4:13 AM, Jonathan E. Brickman
<jeb at joshuacorps.org> wrote:
> You might try manually applying some Slackware 12 packages.  There is
> reportedly some compatibility designed in...no guarantees :-)  But Puppy 4
> has been shockingly good for me.  There is also compilation from source, I
> think Puppy 4 does have a complete development environment available;
> previous versions did.

One thing to consider if you decide to go this route, is that you can
create a squashed file system file out of it, which is quite cool and
useful. I made one for Puppy 4 containing a minimal KDE 3.5 and
Bibletime for my Puppy install. If you are compiling from source, it
can be complicated to set it up (I only did it once, and it was quite
a bear), but the results are worth it, especially since on Puppy, it
is much easier to share with others this way. Definitely something to
consider if you do decide to use Puppy to do this.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland