[CS-FSLUG] mini-ITX boot problem-solved!

Ron Thompson ron.t at xplornet.com
Sun Apr 5 22:09:50 CDT 2009

Hi,

    I hadn't checked, but I think they showed up as separate drives.  When I
installed Puppy I didn't have a card in the second CF slot on the adapter,
the CD was my second drive and I'd set the CD's jumper to slave.

    I've been trying to download the current fldigi, but I haven't been able
to connect to the link http://prdownload.berlios.de/fldigi/fldigi-3.10.pet
for the last few hours.  There was more amateur radio software available than
I'd realized, I hope I'll be able to get to it.

   I would like to change the calander on the desktop, it's currently a
European style with weeks starting on Monday and ending on Sunday, I prefer
the trditional Sunday through Saturday, but I haven't found a config menu for
date, time, and the calander.

    How are the Puppy user groups and forums, should I consider joining?

    So far, apart from the download problem, Puppy is working well for me.

       Ron

On Sunday 05 April 2009 20:13, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> You might try manually applying some Slackware 12 packages.  There is
> reportedly some compatibility designed in...no guarantees :-)  But Puppy
> 4 has been shockingly good for me.  There is also compilation from
> source, I think Puppy 4 does have a complete development environment
> available; previous versions did.
>
> Tell me:  under Puppy, does your master+slave CF show up as one drive,
> or two?
>
> J.E.B.
>
> > Along with a couple of other people on the list, I'm an amateur radio
> > operator.  So in part the mini-ITX system was for fun and experimenting,
> > and partly for use with amateur radio applications.  Although not yet
> > available for Puppy, I'd like to be able to use Xastir (for vehicle
> > tracking), the Digi-pup packages, Asterisk, software for Software defined
> > radios, satellite tracking, log book keeping, and so on.  Unfortunately
> > some of the packages haven't been made available in Puppy yet, and I
> > don't know if a novice could do it.  I'm impressed enough with Puppy that
> > I'd like to keep it, rather than using it as a stepping stone to another
> > distribution.
> >
> >    Ron VE8RT

> >> So, how's it running on Puppy? You happy with it? I can't remember if
> >> you mentioned earlier, but what are your plans with Puppy on this box?
> >> Sorry to be nosey, but I am a bit of a fan of Puppy. ;-)

Ron Thompson, |^|
Yellowknife, NT, Canada
"Who are are these that fly as a cloud, and as doves to their window?" Is 60:8