[CS-FSLUG] mini-ITX boot problem

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at joshuacorps.org
Sun Apr 5 07:30:06 CDT 2009

>I think the bootloader either needs to be told to look at /dev/hda2 or
>/dev/hdb1 in order for it to work, depending on how the cf card
> adapter is seen. As I recall though this isn't the only problem
> you're having with booting CentOS on the computer.

CentOS and RedHat are apparently still using the older /dev/hdabcdefg
system for IDE, EIDE, and SATA; Puppy and others are using the newer
/dev/sdabcdefg for IDE, EIDE, SATA, and SCSI, which solves a whole lot
of problems.

I am curious how a non-Puppy /dev/sdabcdefg distro would fare on that
CF, given that the one card is both master and slave et cetera.

J.E.B.