[CS-FSLUG] KMail for IMAP

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Thu Apr 2 20:37:04 CDT 2009

On Tuesday 31 March 2009 9:28:47 pm Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> The last KDE 3.5 KMail appeared good on the surface, but the more IMAP
> function I tried the more I wanted Thunderbird.  Well, my fully-updated
> Sabayon is running KDE 4.2.1 very nicely, and its KMail looks very good
> indeed so far.  Will report again in a while.

I'm starting to question kmail's IMAP compatibility myself.

I set up filters to filter my mail to certain folders, but kmail isn't doing
that great of a job.

Some messages are still making their way to the "local folders->Inbox" instead
of going to "IMAP->Inbox"  forcing me to have to go to the local folders-
>inbox and hitting alt+J to force the filters to work.

David M.