[CS-FSLUG] Islamic Militant: Britain Will Have Muslim Majority

Davo Smith christiansource at davosmith.co.uk
Sun Sep 21 14:45:46 CDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> Islamic Militant: Britain Will Have Muslim Majority
>
> An Islamic militant leader who lived in Britain for nearly two decades
> says the country will have a Muslim majority within 20 years.
>
> Omar Bakri was born in Syria, and in 1986 settled in Britain, where he
> founded several Islamic organizations. He left the country in 2005 amid
> speculation that he would be arrested for treason and now lives in Lebanon.
>
> "When [British authorities] saw that Islam was spreading in British
> universities at an unprecedented rate, and that the non-Muslims — the
> Hindus, the Christians and the Jews — were accepting Islam at an average
> rate of 21 people a day, it began to endanger their society," Bakri said
> in a recent interview with Lebanon's OTV.

I suspect that this rate is rather exaggerated. There are a small
minority of people who are convert to Islam, after being convinced of
its, alleged 'truth and beauty'. There are a far larger number of
(mostly women) who (nominally) convert from (nominally) Christian to
Muslim, so that they are able to marry a Muslim.

It also fails to take into account conversions from Islam to
Christianity (which are often kept very quiet for fear of persecution
- and not just of the 'I might not be able to have a prayer meeting in
my local high school' variety), or to western materialism (both are
pretty prominent amongst, for example, Iranians at the moment). It
also fails to take into account that Omar Bakri could simply be lying
- there are *some* (and certainly not all) Muslims who believe, from
the Qur'an, that it is OK to lie, as long as the cause of Islam is
being furthered.

That is not to say that much prayer is not urgently needed for Muslim
believers around the world to start following Jesus (
http://www.30-days.net is an excellent place to start in the next week
or so). But at the same time, such alarmist headlines can cause people
to react with fear and hatred, rather than the love which our Lord
wants us to show.

Davo (a British Citizen)