[CS-FSLUG] Theological Position?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sun Sep 21 14:20:12 CDT 2008

On Sep 21, 2008, at 7:58 AM, Jason Franklin wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2008, at 1:04 PM, Micah Yoder wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Jason Franklin <jpfagapeu at mac.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if there's a website that lists Christian authors,
>>> speakers, etc. and categorizes their theological positions (e.g.
>>> Reformed, Armenian etc.)?  I hate buying a book or listening to some
>>> speaker and half way through realizing he comes from an entirely
>>> different perspective.  Feel like I've wasted money.
>>
>> Such a site could be interesting, but don't you think it's possible
>> learn from authors of different persuasions? I've been blessed by
>> pastors and authors whom I may disagree with on some issues.
>>

> I knew someone was going to bring that up.  In some areas yes, but not
> in others.

	I've found categorization of certain types of books, but not a broad
index. Generally, I don't worry about it all that much. For example,
I. Howard Marshall takes the Historical-Critical view of the
Pastorals, but is Grammatical-Historical sounding in other places.

	And, I'd echo Micah's note. I think I'd probably just look at an
author on Amazon. That often reveals either the author's bias or the
readers' bias, and you can discern from there.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "He that has and a little tiny wit—
Editor, OFB.biz   | With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,—
tbutler at ofb.biz   | Must make content with his fortunes fit,
timothybutler.us  | For the rain it raineth every day."
                                   -- Feste the Fool (Shakespeare)