[CS-FSLUG] Video Capture Cards

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Sat Sep 6 08:55:43 CDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Ed Hurst <ehurst at asisaid.com> wrote:

> I can get a camcorder and capture card free. This will allow me to test
> the idea with only a time investment. If I can make a useful product, I
> may invest in better equipment later.

If you can get it for free, then go for it, but I have a heavy
suspicion that a consumer-grade analog camcorder or camera is not
going to give you much better, if any, over a web cam, at least after
the AD conversion. However, if your only investment is time, and you
have enough of it, you may surprise me. :-)

I used to work in video, and I was surprised when I first saw the
results from a digital camcorder--a $1000 (back then, cheap) Sony. It
was far better than consumer analog.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland