[CS-FSLUG] [PD] The American Flag - I'm speechless...

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 10:15:23 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com>wrote:

> Don Parris wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > As for our current choices, choose your devil carefully.  Trust neither
> > of them fully.
>
> That is the most accurate of what you wrote. Part of me wants NOBama to
> win as it WILL bring us much closer to the return of our Lord, but
> having McCain win will buy us some more time to reach more of the lost.

How is it that events determine when Jesus will come back? Shouldn't it be
the contrary, that things happen according to prophecies as Jesus is coming
back? I do not believe that events influence prophecies. Prophecies are
written and will be accomplished.

In any case, Jesus was clear on the fact that we have no idea when he is
coming, he has no idea either, only the Father knows [0], and all we're
asked to do is be watchful [1].

As for the flag... I am not an american and I can tell you that Mr Obama is
right when he says that the American flag is not associated with peace. It
is sad, but it is true.

I for one am also ashamed of my own anthem (the French one, which is very
violent) and would like it to be changed. It has nothing to do whatsoever
with Jesus or the Bible in my opinion.

Raphaël

[0]
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=24&verse=36&version=31&context=verse