[CS-FSLUG] Try Kubuntu 8.10 KDE 4.1.2 Nathan and all others interested

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Sat Nov 22 05:12:26 CST 2008

On Friday 21 November 2008 11:02:12 pm EnzoAeneas wrote:
> i love it myself. I haven't had any problems yet and it runs faster
> with compositing turned on (Compiz Fusion). I had one glitch with the
> session manager and compiz, but I was able to edit the session
> manager's configuration file to get around it.

What was the glitch and what did you do to fix it?

My only problem was after I installed on my desktop using the alternate CD, I
couldn't get an X-session. My monitor was complaining "video mode not
supported" I tried a myriad of things and finally got X partially working by
using the "auto" in the menu of the monitor settings. That gave me little more
than half a desktop; enough to open a console and run the restricted drivers
app,  and install the restricted drivers for my graphics card. Other than
that, I haven't had any problems either.

--
David M.