[CS-FSLUG] RECESSION OR NOT, WE CAN STILL GIVE THANKS FOR TECHNOLOGY

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Nov 21 22:35:00 CST 2008

RECESSION OR NOT, WE CAN STILL GIVE THANKS FOR TECHNOLOGY
http://go.techtarget.com/r/5098041/1461419
Kristen Caretta, Associate Editor

Years ago, writing a "grateful" journal was all the rage. Helps to
keep things in perspective (at least, that's what Oprah told us). So,
given that it's been such a tough year for business, I thought I'd
step back and see what I could find to be thankful for. Here's my
list.

I'm thankful for the idea of a Microsoft-free world (not that it
would ever happen.) But, finally I see business ready for some
changes in the technological hierarchy, experimenting with open
source applications and operating systems. Mozilla Firefox and Google
Chrome are fiercely competing with Internet Explorer - and are
holding their own. It may be a long road, because legacy programs die
hard, but the possibility is on the horizon.

Read the full list
http://go.techtarget.com/r/5098042/1461419

--
"Politicians and diapers need to be changed
regularly -- and for the same reason."