[CS-FSLUG] Sony Laptops?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue Nov 18 19:49:51 CST 2008

On Nov 18, 2008, at 7:42 PM, Stephen J. McCracken wrote:

> Timothy Butler wrote:
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> I've had someone ask about the quality and support of Sony laptops. I
>> only have significant experience with HP (bad experiences), Gateway
>> (bad), Dell (good) and Apple (good).
>
> I think you need to make a couple of distinctions here.  Saying "HP"
> is
> probably too generic.  Was it a "Compaq" (low end consumer), an "HP"
> (mid-range consumer), or "HP-Compaq" (business grade) machine?  Was it
> bought as a "home" machine or a "business" machine (the two have
> different warranty terms and customer support teams)?
>
> The same would apply with the other companies, too.

	Well, I haven't dealt with Compaq, I'm fairly certain, since it got
bought out oh so many years ago. My experience with HP has been with
their HP line of computers, some from before they bought Compaq, some
after. Mostly consumer stuff. I've also had major problems with their
printer support team.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "It may be that  when the angels go about their
Editor, OfB.biz   | task  praising God,  they play only Bach.  I am
tbutler at ofb.biz   | sure,  however,  that when they are together en
timothybutler.us  | famille they play Mozart."
                                                       -- Karl Barth