[CS-FSLUG] Sony Laptops?

Stephen J. McCracken smccracken at hcjb.org.ec
Tue Nov 18 19:42:53 CST 2008

Timothy Butler wrote:
> Thoughts?
>
> I've had someone ask about the quality and support of Sony laptops. I
> only have significant experience with HP (bad experiences), Gateway
> (bad), Dell (good) and Apple (good).

I think you need to make a couple of distinctions here.  Saying "HP" is
probably too generic.  Was it a "Compaq" (low end consumer), an "HP"
(mid-range consumer), or "HP-Compaq" (business grade) machine?  Was it
bought as a "home" machine or a "business" machine (the two have
different warranty terms and customer support teams)?

The same would apply with the other companies, too.

sjm