[CS-FSLUG] TD: Status of Murder (was: Study Bible)

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Nov 11 15:11:13 CST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Keli of Coxsackie
<keli at parchmentpress.net> wrote:
> Someone that has never heard the gospel BUT lives by their conscience as
> much as possible

Such a person is clearly described in Romans chapter 1, and this
person is in the same position as one who consciously rejects the
Gospel message. He is lost. His fate is the same--eternal death. One
can argue that his lack of knowledge will change the "severity" of his
fate, but without being written in the Book of Life, he shares the
fate with the rest--Rev. 20:15 (or thereabouts) But the sad truth is,
as I earlier said, he _has_ rejected what light he has been given. His
attempts to live by his conscience merely points out this fact. And
his attempts, being based upon his own abilities, shows a rejection of
the Creator--he has placed his own standard in place of God's. This,
too, is sin. There really is no real room for a third category, due to
man's nature, man's choices, and God's standard. The result is, for
all intents and purposes, the same--the second death in the lake of
fire.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland