[CS-FSLUG] Ubuntu on Mac Update

Josiah Ritchie josiah at ritchietribe.net
Tue Nov 11 13:10:24 CST 2008

2008/11/9 Jason P. Franklin <pastor.jason at westwoodbf.com>

> Headphones: (a subset of sound) The headphone jack does not seem to work.
> None of the fixes and workarounds I've seen have succeeded in resolving the
> issue.

USB Headset! They are increasingly useful as PulseAudio comes of age in
Ubuntu. PA is cool, but can be a hassle just cause it's so young atm. I've
struggled with it a couple times. Anyway, you can easily redirect music from
sound card to headset with just a few clicks. It's slick and I've found it
useful. It's like command line pipes, but for audio. Also, a USB headset can
control the volume being sent to it, not just adjust the volume inline as it
arrives to the headset. Lots of potential flexibility...

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen