[CS-FSLUG] TD: Status of Murder (was: Study Bible)

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Nov 11 11:08:25 CST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Eduardo Sánchez <lists at sombragris.org> wrote:
> Good question. For a quick answer, let me conjecture that murder was one
> of the most visible, unquestionable sins.

I think it goes a bit further. Man is/was created in the image of God.
To take a human life is like the ultimate offense against God's image.
Furthermore, I think it is also a strong argument against the concept
of election. Taking a human life (esp. that of a young child) is to
potentially forever damn that person. The murderer is jury and judge
on the victim's eternal fate, without prior "due process." This, I
believe, is also one of the reasons for capital punishment--when one
takes another's life, he forfeits his own life, as the only equal
punishment/restitution for the crime.

Sorry for bringing these up. It wasn't my intent to create an
argument, or cause further discussion, but this is how I see it, as
far as I can read Scripture.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland