[CS-FSLUG] Some respect please:

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Nov 10 23:56:46 CST 2008

>> Romans 13:7, 1 Peter 2:17, etc. and if you want, scan the
>> commentaries here:
>>
>> http://bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/CGG/ID/385/Respect.htm
>
> Sorry, I just can't find justification in respecting a Marxist who's
> bent on destroying us.

	I think the Romans passage, etc., does apply quite strongly. We must
remember that the Roman government was far more vicious towards
Christians quite frequently during the early church period than it
appears President-elect Obama will be.

	Of course, at some point we may have to reject a president, but I
hope it doesn't come to that. I think the Confessing Church in 1930's
Germany was the best example of when that time arrived. Surely we are
not there -- and hopefully won't be any time soon.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in.
Editor, OfB.biz   |  Aim at earth and you get neither."
tbutler at ofb.biz   |                                   -- C.S. Lewis
timothybutler.us  |