[CS-FSLUG] Some respect please:

veritosproject at gmail.com veritosproject at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 23:15:10 CST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I just can't find justification in respecting a Marxist who's
> bent on destroying us.

Agree or not, he's in power. As I recall, Romans 13 was written about
a government that wasn't exactly kind to the believer. You've likely
all heard about the whole
Nero-lighting-Rome-on-fire-and-blaming-it-on-the-Christians thing.

But it doesn't say that we should support evil. Certainly we will not
support abortion during years in which a Democrat is in office.

Verse 7 of the aforementioned chapter: Pay to all what is owed to
them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed,
respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed. (ESV)

Those are required of us. Support of the senator's positions is not.
We are allowed to criticize Obama's positions, and doing so is quite
reconcilable with paying respect and honor to the man.