[CS-FSLUG] Study Bible

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Nov 10 18:31:52 CST 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 8:52 AM, Keli of Coxsackie wrote:

> The problem I have with Study Bibles is WHO are the authors and how
> are they living their life?
> So they might agree on a few points of doctrine - big deal - Do they
> show that Love has been poured out in their hearts?
> Do they live like the church did back in Acts ch 2 and 4 ?

I suppose that is a problem with any of theological work, right? But
even a less than perfect people can make valuable contributions.

FWIW, I can vouch for the ESV Study Bible folks, at least part of
them, as much as I can vouch for anybody though. Drs. Collins,
Chapman, Bayer, Sklar and Perry are all wonderful men who seem to live
the Gospel. All but Sklar I have had a class with; I have him for
Hebrew II in January. Covenant's contributions make up nearly 20% of
the ESV Study Bible team.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Now  that  I am a  Christian  I  do have moods
Editor, OfB.biz   | in which the whole thing looks very improbable:
tbutler at ofb.biz   | but when I was an  atheist I had moods in which
timothybutler.us  | Christianity looked terribly probable."
                                                       -- C.S. Lewis