[CS-FSLUG] [PD] They have started already... HR6257 To Reauthorize the Assault Weapon Ban

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Nov 8 19:35:45 CST 2008

Tina Gasperson wrote:

> I recently came to a realization about this whole 2nd amendment thing:
> it is precisely because the military has these things that it is vital
> that citizens are legally permitted to have them as well. It may sound
> "out there" at this point in time to think that the military would
> ever overtake the citizenry, but it is certainly not out of the
> question if things ever head in that direction. That, I believe, is
> the point of the 2nd amendment.

Indeed. I suppose we should reprint the old bumper stickers which
appeared right after the Waco Massacre: "Is your church BATF approved?"

I'm not interested in defending my faith with a gun. However, I would
insist it's not "out there" to expect I may some day need to defend
something more like human life against the assault of my government. I
seriously doubt it would have mattered who won the election; that day is
bound to come, as it has with just about every government in human
history. I'd sure like to meet them on equal terms, if possible.

I'll take that AK-47, thank you.

--
Ed Hurst