[CS-FSLUG] Political: 3rd Party

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Wed Nov 5 21:21:06 CST 2008

On Monday 03 November 2008 6:36:31 pm Jason P. Franklin wrote:
>  David McGlone wrote:
>
> In the past 2 or 3 years I have completely gave up on politics.  I've come
> to the conclusion, they are all liars and con artist and I greatly despise
> a liar.
>

> I almost come to the point where I don't trust *any* politician anymore.
> LOL
>

> IMHO it's hard to say anything good about either and it's certainly hard to
> trust either too.
>
> PS: I don't want to turn this into a political discussion. I just want to
> point out that neither candidate is at the top of my list and I'm sitting
> this one out.
>

>  Sounds like a good time to go third party.  Most people either forget or
> never knew that neither of our parties are original to our nation.  The
> Republican party hit the big time when Lincoln was elected Pres.
>
>  I think I'd have to agree with Chuck Baldwin (candidate for the
> Constitution party) that "throwing away your vote" is really settling for
> the "lesser of two evils" and voting contrary to one's conscience.  I think
> it was Nader who pointed out in a debate that even if a so called "3rd
> Party" never comes to power they still contribute to the political process
> by raising issues currently being ignored by the seated powers, and these
> issues are often eventually taken up by the major parties.
>
>  My advice (get out the salt shaker) if neither of the major party
> candidates appeals to you, get online and research some of the other guys
> (and gals) running.  You're bound to find someone your conscience can
> support.  I did.

I wish I had had more time to check into other parties before election day,
but I will definitely do this next election. I've only voted 4 elections so
I'm still learning.  I'm the kind of guy that likes to base my decisions on
results. Bush Sr. didn't do to bad of a job, but I don't like war so that
kind of smeared the Republicans for me. I think Clinton did a good job in
office, so that made me lean torward the Democrats, then Bush Jr, has almost
completely killed the Republicans for me.

--
David M.