[CS-FSLUG] TD: Any Theology recomendations?

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Sun Nov 2 22:22:17 CST 2008

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend some good theology books? I've been contemplating
studying theology, because I think it will give me a greater understanding of
my faith.

After all the political discussion on this list, the articles I've read and
most of all Ed's "Christians and Government" article, I've somewhat come to
question myself.

I couldn't agree more with Ed's article,I think it's spot on with how I feel.
Problem is I think my knowledge lacks the correct terms to describe the
feelings, and thus by reading other things besides my bible, I think I'll
gain the knowledge to be able to describe how I feel in a much better way.

Maybe I'm lost, maybe I'm not. This could even be a cry for help. I don't
know. But one thing I do know is that I need a better understanding of where
I stand with God.

Am I a Liberal? I sure am. Do I believe in abortion? No, (which is my personal
opinion, that I choose not to force on someone else) but on the other hand I
don't believe in the death penalty either. I just can't come to grips with
anyone killing anyone whether it be an individual or a government doing the
killing. Another part of me believes in stem cell research, because someday
it could benefit me and millions of other people, but sometimes I'm afraid to
say so, because a very small part of me thinks it may be wrong; Furthermore,
the ones that are against it make me feel like they are ripping any "hope" I
and so many others have in finding a cure.

I also vote democratic, even though most of them are pro-choice. I feel that
even though they are, the only person I have to answer for is myself, God
will take care of the rest.

I'm sorry. I merely wanted to just ask the theology question. Nothing more. I
thought maybe if I shared my feelings I could get help shedding some light on
this.

--
David M.