[CS-FSLUG] Linux on Core Duo MacBook

Micah Yoder yoderm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 02:08:21 CST 2008

Jason,

If you really can't live with Apple, why not sell it? Apple products
retain resale value very well. Plus, if you sell it to someone, that
is one more person that would possibly not buy new from Apple. With
the money you gain from the sale, you could most likely buy a more
powerful PC laptop and stick Linux on it.

You don't even necessarily have to pay M$ in the process. I bought my
laptop from http://powernotebooks.com, a Christian-run operation, and
Windows is an optional extra. :) Their sales team is great, and I've
heard the same about their support, but I haven't yet had to use it.
Only drawback is that their prices are a good bit higher than the
cheapest laptops you can find online, but it is a good American
business with quality products. I recommend them highly if you're not
bottom-fishing on price.

Timothy,

Your exegesis of the 1 Corinthian passage sounds good to me.  Too bad
there are so few choices. Perhaps one could survive somewhat without
giving money to the "immoral big guys" by picking some local ISP that
can do broadband (although I'm not sure how widespread they are),
using broadcast TV and Miro, using VOIP for phone, and going without
cell service.