[CS-FSLUG] Administrative note: A Christian community is shutting down.

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Mar 28 01:09:35 CDT 2008

Yama Ploskonka wrote:
> Maybe someone can (off list maybe?) enlighten me on whether there are
> any benefits in bottom-posting?  If the mail reader automatically jumped
> to the beginning of the most recent post, that would make sense.
> Until that time, the convenience of top posting for me is that I can see
> the very first few lines of a new post and decide if the [delete] digit
> gets exercise or not... :-)
> Otherwise I have to scroll down...  Too much work, with about 80-120
> posts I receive per day.
>
> Frank Bax wrote:
>> Fred A. Miller wrote:
>>> I'm a co-moderator on several lists and we now mandate bottom
>>> posting because top posters created too much grief for everyone else.

I have between 300 and 500 a day, so you can see what a pain top posting
is. We read from top to bottom, not bottom to top. It's what is natural.
That's why I just don't have time to waste skipping around in a post
trying to follow who said what.

Fred

--
"Security" in Windows comes from patching a sieve.