[CS-FSLUG] Administrative note: A Christian community is shutting down.

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 27 10:01:10 CDT 2008

Fred A. Miller wrote:
> I'm a co-moderator on several lists and we now mandate bottom
> posting because top posters created too much grief for everyone else.

It's sad to think that a solution found for your other lists should be
applied to every list you participate in - without any discussion on the
subject.  Some email clients do not allow bottom posting (my BlackBerry
does not).  Soon another "rule" will be imposed that the amount of "new"
content in an email be more than the "quoted" portion; or that all
"signatures" be removed before reply.  It's my opinion that email is
perhaps the wrong tool for discussions like those happening on this list
at the moment.  The problem is; no better tool presents itself at the
moment.  I think that as long as we are using the wrong tool for the
job; we should avoid adding more "rules" in an attempt to fix/hide the
underlying problem.

Frank