[CS-FSLUG] Church Management Software

Robert W. robertwo at insightbb.com
Wed Mar 26 18:37:49 CDT 2008

"Fred A. Miller" <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> As well as that works well for you, we is needed is a turn key
> solution for small churches. It's been needed for a long time, but I
> don't see it happening. If I only was a code jockey............;)

I think we'll have some trouble completing a "turn-key" solution. Every
church is different. They will all have some minor, but annoying
difference. And our project turns into a configuration nightmare.

Yes, documentation helps. And now you have non-technical pastors reading
a 100 page manual. The solution is no longer "turn-key".

Or we stick to our guns, and churches start doing bizarre things to
work around the system limitations. Eventually leaving for some
proprietary solution that a consultant customizes for them. And the
cycle starts ever anew.

Installation support is a reality. I'm not being negative. This can be
done. Linux is the best platform to really help churches. And we have A
LOT of smart people on this list.

--
Robert W.
robertwo at insightbb.com

It is done.  I am the Alpha and the Omega,
the Beginning and the End. -- Revelations 21:6