[CS-FSLUG] Church Management Software

EnzoAeneas enzoaeneas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 12:50:11 CDT 2008

The software shouldn't be dependent on a dedicated server being
available or even a server at all; that being said, it should be able
to take advantage of the increased capabilities of a dedicated server.

This would give us two primary flavors:

1. desktop: able to update peer2peer, to web, file share
2. server: interacts with desktop client or provides web-interface;
best for larger# of users

Data should be able to flow from one flavor to the other in a
reasonable manner (we would have to determine the what that means)

For distribution there are more options
1. rpm/.deb/ubuntu .deb packages for Linux complete with initial set scripts
2. .exe / .msi installers for windows
3. Virtual machine image or pre-packaged Virtual machine
implementation (only runs our
    software)
I absolutely agree that security updates is outside of our scope for
the most part and that it is imperative that we make a commitment to
this once we get started.

kevin