[CS-FSLUG] Church Management Software

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 21 00:19:40 CDT 2008

Pastor George C Cook wrote:
> Anybody know of a church management ie membership management software
> that will run under Linux?

I found this page:

I can only speak about InfoCentral which is LAMP based (Linux, Apache,
MySQL, PHP); I run it on OpenBSD servers.

I setup InfoCentral for two local non-profits to manage donations which
require charitable receipts.  First install was in fall of 2004.

One agency also uses the same database to track annual membership dues.
  This same agency also installed the software twice more to create two
more databases for other purposes and it seems to work well enough.

Development on original InfoCentral project stopped with 1.2.6 release.
For a long time the site was down with no downloads available; but the
"legacy" code seems to be available once again.

ChurchInfo continues where InfoCentral left off.  They track donations
by family whereas InfoCentral tracked donations by individual.

Frank