[CS-FSLUG] External Modem

Josiah Ritchie josiah at ritchietribe.net
Wed Mar 19 16:05:02 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Ed Hurst <ehurst at asisaid.com> wrote:
> Fred A. Miller wrote:
>
>  > Yes.......I think it's "dead." Since modems and FAXing in general are
>  > "on the way out," I would imagine that most projects will die before long.
>
>  I suspect the only reason faxing is still alive is because of legal
>  precedence. My close friend runs a drug store, and he can't do business
>  without it. It's the quickest way to update or confirm a prescription
>  without legal questions from the DEA.

There seem to be some use of faxes as a method of communicating with
certain of our ministries, especially in Africa. I haven't tracked
down why they consider this superior to email yet. It might be
cultural or it might be related to paying for time in an internet
cafe. I'm just guessing. :-) I know in at least once case that we send
an email and get the response by fax.

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen