[CS-FSLUG] Daily journal

Davo Smith christiansource at davosmith.co.uk
Sun Mar 16 14:04:42 CDT 2008

I found this mailing list earlier today and wondered if anyone here
would be able to help:

I'm looking for some Linux software to help me to keep a daily journal
/ prayer diary, preferably with the ability to tag entries with both
keywords and bible verses (the latter so you could display 'all
entries to do with book X' or 'related to book X chapter Y' or even
narrow it down to a particular verse - something that would be hard to
do with more generic tags).

As a side thought, it would be great if this could also link in with
an area to keep notes under different headings (more like a wiki than
a journal, but automatically hyperlinked into the journal).
Automatically hyperlinking bible references to BibleGateway, or your
locally installed bible study software would be a bonus as well.

I guess I've been a little demanding with my request, but does anyone
know of any Linux / cross-platform software that would do the job (I'm
particularly interested in offline solutions, although I guess I could
always try out a local install of Apache with Wordpress / wiki
software over the top of it).

Thanks in advance (and hoping this won't become another project to add
to my 'will write it myself someday' list),

Davo
--
Web: http://www.davosmith.co.uk