[CS-FSLUG] Gave notice

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Mar 11 22:41:40 CDT 2008

Nathan T. wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I thought I'd look here for some common experience and perhaps some
> reassuring words. I gave my notice at work over lunch by using a signed
> letter. I was very angry as I was quitting and felt that I just couldn't
> keep a lid on my anger, so I used a pre-made professional letter off the
> internet instead of writing my own. I felt as though one of my bosses
> had crossed the line with me, she is too fond of jokes at the expense of
> men, and at times I felt as though she was threatening me if I didn't
> shut up and let her claim I was being lazy or stupid at work. Frankly, I
> would call some of her behaviour verbal abuse, especially after all the
> effort I've put into that place and how often I've tried to prove to
> them that I can be a quick learner and good worker when treated properly.

[snip]

Working in a non-Christan environment is often managed by those who
consider those in their charge to be subjects of their ridicule,
harassment, and abuse, in particular those who aren't "one of the boys."
  I've experienced this attitude more than once although never had a
female boss.

The only thing that you didn't do, that I would have, is to let
management - above you boss - know exactly why I was leaving. It's
important that upper management knows that there's someone in middle
management who has mistreated an employee. Corrections in her behavior
won't be made if they don't know about what has transpired IN DETAIL.

I can't say that I'd left without another position to go to, but that
decision has to be one only you can make and I'm sure that you spent a
lot of time in prayer about it before you made that decision to leave.
You've now made your decision known to management so have to trust in
our Lord to provide another position for you or to get you through a
period of time with no income. Trust in Him and Him alone. I've seen
miracles in my life, undeserving as I am, and can tell you first hand He
will see to your needs if you simply trust Him.

Fred

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?