[CS-FSLUG] Terminal and Mail Reader software for Linux?

Greg Slade grgaslists at rogers.com
Wed Jul 23 16:05:42 CDT 2008

I am, after wayyyy too long, revising the Christian Telecommunications
Toolkit (http://freegroups.net/groups/cu/www/ctt/), and in particular,
Appendix D, which lists software which is useful in electronic
communications. I'm doing okay on things like browsers and E-mail
clients, but I'm having a real hard time finding terminal software (like
you'd use with a modem, to dial up a BBS, anybody remember that?)

I'm also trying to find software for LINUX which supports offline mail
reader protocols like SOUP, QWK, OLX, and so on.

You may ask why I would bother listing such old stuff, but I'm
deliberately aiming the CTT at a broad spectrum of users: from the
megachurch with their own IT staff, to Itty Bitty Baptist Church, with
37 members, and located way outside the service area for broadband.

So, anybody got any leads?

--
Greg Slade
This message is composed of not less than 50% recycled bits, and not