[CS-FSLUG] Xeon Comparions

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Jul 14 19:09:10 CDT 2008

Anyone know the difference between two 2.8 GHz older, single core
Xeons and one multicore Xeon 3040 (1.8 GHz)?

I'm debating which one to put in the aforementioned web server. I
can't find any real benchmarks comparing the two, but I can get the
dual processor system for just a bit more than the single, multi-core
system. Yet, the single multi-core system is the newer Conroe Xeon.

Thoughts?

-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Bad is so bad, that we cannot but think good
Editor, OfB.biz   | an accident;  good is so  good, that  we feel
tbutler at ofb.biz   | certain that evil could be explained."
timothybutler.us  |                           -- G. K. Chesterton