[CS-FSLUG] Adding a partition for Linux

Andrew Minerd andrew at dothedrew.net
Fri Jul 11 18:59:51 CDT 2008

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 18:43:27 -0500, "Jim Isbell, W5JAI"

<jim.isbell at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried again to set it to boot from the CD and it will access BOTH

> CDs during the boot sequence and BOTH have a bootable CD in them and

> then it sits with an EMachines logo on the screed for a while, then

> again accesses BOTH cds and then boots from the HD.

It might be possible to disable the logo and see a bit more info. It'd be

in the BIOS options somewhere -- might be called "Quiet Boot"? That could

help in debugging the problem.

Sometimes, IIRC, the BIOS will still require you to, "press any key to boot

from CD" -- even when the CDROM drive is first in the boot order. Perhaps

the logo is obscuring that message.

@