[CS-FSLUG] Need Web Space?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Jul 9 14:24:05 CDT 2008

Hi Kevin,

On Jul 9, 2008, at 6:46 AM, EnzoAeneas wrote:

> Tim,
> that is an interesting offer, but I would ask if there were usage
> restrictions
> such as no businesses

	Commercial usage is fine.

> and other content control policies (these are
> important to know upfront)
> as some content and technologies can cause strain upon the server.

	If you anticipate something that would cause significant strain on
the server, it would be good to run it by me, but otherwise no. As per
the AUP, the only really general prohibition is on putting *undue*
strain on the server that would impact the quality for others. I've
never had that problem with any of my accounts however. The server
will automatically kill processes if they go wild and threaten to
bring down the server, but again, that's not something I've had
trouble with. The only other prohibitions are the sort I would not
expect to be a problem here on CS -- e.g. no pirated music/software,
no porn, no SPAM, etc. Check out the AUP for full details:

	http://www.serverforest.com/aup-tos.html

> Another question would be what server-side technologies are available?

	Languages: Perl, PHP (w/ Zend) and Ruby
	Apache stuff: CGI, Server Side Includes, .htaccess
	Shell: jailed shell (keeps accounts private) with full access to
standard commands like nano, vi, mc, gcc, etc.
	Other stuff of note: Mailman pre-installed, Fantastico for easy web
app installation, cPanel access to logs, statistics, e-mail account
settings, etc.

	Plenty of other stuff. If you have a question about something
specific, shoot me an e-mail off list.

	Thanks for your interest!

		-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Bad is so bad, that we cannot but think good
Editor, OfB.biz   | an accident;  good is so  good, that  we feel
tbutler at ofb.biz   | certain that evil could be explained."
timothybutler.us  |                           -- G. K. Chesterton