[CS-FSLUG] Looking for some advice please

Josiah Ritchie josiah at ritchietribe.net
Tue Jan 15 14:08:47 CST 2008

The price of the device you mentioned is pretty good compared to the
standard PDA. I'd think I'd prefer something like a Nokia N810. The
size, portability, screen and flexibility that comes with a wifi
device would mean a good deal more value to me. However, if price or a
keyboard are a factor, that's the only thing I've seen to meet that
need.

JSR/

On Jan 15, 2008 1:50 PM, Tim Young <Tim.Young at lightsys.org> wrote:
> Being able to type something in and copy it to your PC can also be done
> with many handhelds.  You often do not have quite the same keyboard, but
> I was able to do quite well with one.  For 5 years or so I had a low-end
> palm before it finally died on me.  I used it for shopping lists,
> writing up notes for devotions (both that I was listening to and ones I
> was thinking about giving later on).  For me, the portability of a
> handheld was more important than a full keyboard.  But you can get small
> keyboards that work with handhelds, which can make data entry much
> easier.  And you can get various Bibles for them, and small games, and
> lots of other things.
>
> Many of them hook up via USB, have internal rechargeable batteries
> (which was an important thing for me, since I travel a lot and replacing
> batteries becomes a drag), will sync with your computer, and have all
> sorts of good programs on them.
>
> Just my 2 cents worth.
>
>     - Tim Young
>

> Keli of Coxsackie wrote:
> > any ideas - anyone?
> >
> > Keli
> >
> > Keli of Coxsackie wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >> Often I find myself away from my computer and would love to type a
> >> message on something that I could just "zap" to my computer or at least
> >> hook up and download.
> >> I found this gizmo on ebay...
> >> http://cgi.ebay.com/Alphasmart-3000-Excellent-Condition-GUARANTEED_W0QQitemZ130188517276
> >>
> >> It is an Alphasmart 3000
> >> Keyboard that is also a wordprocesser that hooks up to pc by usb...
> >>
> >> Does anyone know of another product that might be similar but cheaper?
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> Michael Markuson (aka Keli)
> >> Parchment Press
> >> 52 S River St
> >> Coxsackie, NY 12051

Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen
http://missions.ritchietribe.net