[CS-FSLUG] OT: Converting from Incandescent to Flourescent Lights

Yama Ploskonka yama at netoso.com
Tue Jan 22 10:46:04 CST 2008

what about dimmers?  Many of our current lights at home are run from
dimmers, and my earlier attempt to use CFLs didn't leave me that happy
there, even hough nowadays I've converted most other lights, except
entryways and such that are on heat/proximity automatic switches where I
want full brightness from the get go.

In that latter sense I am curious about CFLs you mention that light up
to full brightness instantly - most of my conversion was done 3 years
ago, and those CFLs are just fine, except they take a while to reach
full intensity.  I guess that newer technology has solved that - I'll
have to look see, because during this time I've kept replacing the
normal bulbs around the house and I'd rather not have to do that so often.

Yama