[CS-FSLUG] UNIVERSITY NOW TEACHING LINUX ON IBM MAINFRAME

David Aikema david at aikema.net
Wed Aug 27 15:35:32 CDT 2008

How much of a difference do you think that it makes that students
learn on a mainframe?  Is it a pro or a con?

I'd expect that most computer science programs these days will
probably give their students some exposure to Linux.  During my days
as an undergrad I encountered mostly Linux, a decent chunk of windows,
some solaris and mac os X.  At the school where I'm doing my Ph.D.,
you also won't get through as computer science undergrad without
encountering Linux at some point).

At the same point in time, I also hope that no computer science
program exposes their students ONLY to Linux.

Dave