[CS-FSLUG] Church Management Software

Greg Slade grgaslists at rogers.com
Tue Apr 8 20:48:17 CDT 2008

> I asked awhile ago about using base in OpenOffice and the "rest" of
> OO for reports, etc. I didn't see any response to that idea. I've
> played around with base some, and if I knew all that church
> management software really had to have in it, I'd start work on it
> around the end of this May............and "get er done." ;) Somehow I
> have an idea it would do just fine for all the majority of churches,
> which are small.

Actually, I had the same idea, and I think that, for the majority of
churches, that should work just fine. Unfortunately, I don't have the
time (or the "under the hood" experience with OObase) to do anything,
but as far as defining features goes, I'd point to my Church Related
Software Index at (http://freegroups.net/groups/cu/www/crs/), where I've
compiled as many packages as I can find. I've also got my collection of
packages which are no longer available, including those dBase II
templates I mentioned, but if you want the really old stuff like that,
I'm going to have to plug in one of the older boxen in my collection,
because the files are on 5.25" diskettes. (I suppose I should have
copied them over to CD or something, but it was never an urgent issue.)
So, if you want to see packages for DOS or Windows 3, let me know, and
I'll try to blow off some of the dust.

Greg

--
Greg Slade
This message is caffeine-free, fat-free and sugar-free. When combined