[CS-FSLUG] new to list - greetings

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Thu Mar 29 20:10:25 CDT 2007

Along with all the other things discussed, this is also a forum for
venting oneself when bored. Occasionally someone will just throw
something out to start some traffic, dump a link to their current
favorite toy (mine is http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html), discussions
about which school to attend (usually for studies somewhat
computer-related), or something like that. Because we prefix our
subjects with tags, like OT "(off topic), that gives us the freedom to
discuss things which are not directly on topic. Like, for example, when
someone new signs on and asks for introductions. That usually takes us a
week or two to complete, and we all find out what has been going on in
each-other's lives which we have not posted...

Though it may occasionally not sound like it, we are really pretty good
at not getting our toes stepped on. Some on the list have been around
and get picked on a little. If we sound like we are getting mad at each
other, it is usually an attempt at humor. Just wait around a few hours
and it usually is pretty clear. And if someone does get stepped on a
little, we are usually pretty "Christian" about it. Good at apologizing
once we realize it. :) We really do like the community and are glad to
have more people drop in.

- Tim Young