[CS-FSLUG] Puppy Linux

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Jun 28 15:31:22 CDT 2007

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:46:07 -0500, Stephen J. McCracken
<smccracken at hcjb.org.ec> wrote:

> I just saw this article about Puppy Linux on DistroWatch:
>
> http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070625#feature
>
> and was wondering what David's and others' reactions were to his take on
> the community around Puppy Linux.  (Basically he says that the distro is
> nice (though not fully GPL), but the community isn't that nice.)

If accurate, it's very sad. It's also quite common in Open Source
development. There was a period when that sort of stuff happened with
GNOME, one of the SuSE forums, and so forth. It's one thing to have a
flamefest, as a regular feature of Net communications on anything; it's
another to have posts deleted and such. Where I play moderator in other
places, I am quite reluctant to do such things. I'd rather give an answer
to a flame, making it instructive regardless of the issue.

--
Ed Hurst