[CS-FSLUG] (OT) Re: OFB: The Real Announcement at WWDC: Safari for Windows

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Jun 13 11:33:05 CDT 2007

> I've labelled this one OT since the only link to the open source
> community is that Apple has shared some bit of their browser engine in
> the past with the open source community.

	I think the significance for FOSS is actually quite a bit more than
that. While WebKit has grown, it isn't just a bit related to Free
Software. It's formed from KHTML and the whole codebase is released,
with a publicly available CVS. I haven't heard any updates in awhile,
but the last I heard, it sounded like KDE 4 would use WebKit's
codebase rather than the slow growing KHTML codebase for its browser.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "The theologian who labors without joy is not a
Editor, OfB.biz   | theologian at all. Sulky faces, morose thoughts
tbutler at ofb.biz   | and boring ways of  speaking are intolerable in
timothybutler.us  | this field."
                                                       -- Karl Barth